Zipp's 808 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-wheelset is pure engineering science. It has to be. To achieve speed with an 82mm rim depth is one thing, but to be fast while offering high crosswind stability, well, that requires serious attention to detail. Yet that's just what the 808 Firecrest Disc brake accomplishes—speed with stability along with tubeless compatibility. That means you get all the aero benefits with having the ability to run lower tire pressure for increased cornering grip and compliance and reduced rolling resistance, without the risk of pinch flats. You also get the greater stopping power of disc brakes. This wheelset is infused with technologies developed in Zipp's Indianapolis advanced development lab: Zipp's ABLC Sawtooth Technology uses a complex dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. Additionally, at the center of the 808 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB.
- An all-out aero 82mm rim profile that's tubeless-ready for increased speed and better cornering, control, and comfort
- ABLC Sawtooth dimple design helps manage airflow around the rim and contributes to a faster, more stable wheel
- ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Superior modulation and stopping power of disc brakes
- Center Lock rotor interface (lockring included)
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Ships with 12mm end caps
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Rim||Carbon clincher, tubeless ready|
|Brake Compatibility||Disc brake (Center Lock)|
|Axle||142 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Hub||ZR1 Disc Brake|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc, aluminum|
|Inner Rim Width||19mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|142 x 12mm / Shimano/SRAM / Black / 700c||710845855542||00.1918.538.000||00.1918.538.000|
|142 x 12mm / SRAM XDR / Black / 700c||710845855559||00.1918.538.001||00.1918.538.001|