Marlin 6 is a cross country mountain bike built to give you an efficient off-road ride with a suspension fork that locks out, and smoother-shifting 2x8 drivetrain. It's made for mountain biking, but it's also equipped with features like rack and kickstand mounts that make it a great choice for adventurous daily commutes.
It's right for you if...
- You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
- A lightweight aluminum frame with internal shift cable and brake hose routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, an efficient 2x8 drivetrain, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain, plus a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
- Marlin 6 gives you upgrades you'll notice on every ride, like the suspension lockout and a really smooth-shifting Shimano drivetrain. Extra-strong, double-walled rims and powerful hydraulic disc brakes give you durability and stopping power for your most rugged adventures on the trail, in town, and everywhere in between.
Why you'll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Marlin models in XS and S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorize, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it's backed by Trek's lifetime warranty
Smaller frames (XS and S) have a top tube that dips down as it approaches the seat tube. This design makes for a lower standover height, which is good for shorter riders because it allows them to straddle their bike more easily. The larger frames (M and ML) have a straight top tube because taller riders with longer legs typically don’t have the same issues with standover height.
Sizes X-Small – Small: 27.5-inch
Sizes Medium – XX-Large: 29-inch
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135mm QR|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCT 30, coil spring, preload, hydraulic lockout|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve|
Front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 100mm QR
Rear: Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135mm QR
|Tires||Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi|
|Bottom Bracket||VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge|
|Chain||KMC Z8.3, 8 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M315, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano HG31, 11-34T, 8 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Brakes||Tektro HD-M276 hydraulic disc|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Radioactive Red/Trek Black / Medium / 29-inch||601842405192||1046507||1046507|